Wednesday, November 19, 2008

new xbox experience release

I am not on xbox live so I wonder how I can get this update. I will be honest I really haven't seen much from this next gen consoles. I have seen what it can do, but no one has taken it that far yet. They might just have to work up to it which is fine. I love my xbox 360. Other than when I had to send it in because of the red ring of death. But this looks like it could be the next big thing for the console.

Almost exactly three years after its release, the Xbox 360 is releasing The New Xbox Experience, a never-been-done-before-on-this-scale software update that completely revamps the console with a slew of new features. But you already heard about it, haven't you? (If not, check out Christopher Null's hands-on review with the 'NXE')

Although an exact time hasn't been announced, the update will go live at some point tomorrow, November 19. Here are some important things you should know: (From Xbox.com)

How do I get it? You don’t have to do anything, really. The update will download just like a normal system update would. You will see a status bar letting you know how long it will take, and you won’t be able to use the console during this time. Once the update finishes the console will reload into the welcome page, and you will be able to begin exploring the new features and experiences on Xbox 360.

What will actually happen on my Xbox 360 during the update? The update will download just like a normal system update would. You will see a status bar letting you know how long it will take, and you won’t be able to use the console during this time. Once the update finishes the console will reload into the welcome page, and you will be able to begin exploring the new features and experiences on Xbox 360.

How long will it take for the update to happen? How much time should I budget? The size of the update has not yet been finalized, but because there is a vast breadth of additional content available with the new Xbox experience, it will be larger than previous Dashboard updates.

What if my Xbox 360 isn’t online? How do I get the update? If I don’t, will my Xbox 360 still work? This fall you will need to be connected to Xbox LIVE to download the system update, however we will be making the update available to non-Xbox LIVE members very soon. Your Xbox 360 will work in an offline mode, without the update.

Remember, a word of caution: Microsoft servers might be slammed tomorrow with almost every single Xbox 360 downloading a huge update, so be patient and don't freak out if your update takes a little longer than expected.

So, what feature are you particularly excited about? Me personally, I'm super excited about the Netflix HD streaming and the Xbox Live Party feature.

Got more questions? Head over to Xbox.com's FAQ or post up your questions and comments below, and I'll try my best to find you an answer. And remember, keep your eyes peeled for that update!

No comments: